Twin 6 Standard TI FSU

 Full Service Utility, they call it.

I have been a fan of Twin 6 apparel for the past many years and have likewise been smitten by their bikes.  

As fall set in, thoughts of riding on the trails around our property became a focus.  I was still hearing of bike shops having significant inventory issues, and the idea of a frame up build in my own garage took root. Poking around at options, I kept coming back to the Twin 6 page.  

It promised to be more spendy than other options but became a brain itch that I couldn't dismiss.

I contacted them about the frame, and found that they were preparing a House Build that wasn't on the web page yet and offered me one of the first!  

After some back and forth via email, a straightforward 29er, front shock fork spec evolved, money was exchanged, and I eagerly awaited a large shipping carton.  

I am not a MTB expert, and thus not equipped to "review" the bike.  But it fits me, it's fun, nimble enough for my homegrown trails and stable enough on our poorly groomed singletrack.  

Here's a high level look at the build.  

  • Twin Six Standard TI FSU Frame
  • SRAM GX Eagle groupset (hydraulic disc)
  • RockShox Sid 120mm suspension fork
  • Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.35 front and rear
  • Stan's No Tubes Arch MK3 Wheels
  • WTB TI Rail Silverado Saddle
  • Raceface Chester platform pedals


Side profile. He's a beast.

Twin Six logo bead blasted (?) into the brushed TI frame.

Gotta love the simple, classic Twin 6 styling relayed in the headbadge.


Comments