Goals

 


Today is February 2nd, so it's a little late for a New Years' Resolution.  I mean, 2021 is already 8.3% complete!  So these are just Goals.  Big G because ... important. 

I started Zwift with a pretty specific goal:  [GOAL 1:  fit into my work clothes again.]  As COVID has progressed, I haven't (really) gained weight but I have gained size, to the point that I'm ashamed to say I'm up a fitted shirt size.  I justified the expense of the fancy Tacx trainer by the outlay at the men's store that would be required if I returned to the office tomorrow.  

I'm tracking Goal 1 by being able to comfortably fit into a specific shirt that ran a little on the trim side.  It's fun/funky and was nearly new the last time I wore it - and if I can fit in it reasonably then everything else on the rack will fit, including my expensive suits. 

Now, I could tack on an arbitrary weight goal [GOAL 2: Lose 20#] but I figure that's secondary that I may or may not hit to reach Goal 1.   

Now, with those overarching Goals, let's get into some specific Zwift goals (little g). There are a lot of badges to chase, and I won't list those individually, but here are a few things I'd like to knock out in the next few months:

  • Climb the Volcano - DONE
  • Climb Alpe Du Zwift
  • Complete a metric century (100km).
  • Complete an imperial century (100mi).
  • Complete the Four Horsemen
  • Obtain the Tron bike
Note there's no time/speed goals, and no entry related to "increase FTP" or power.  If I lose weight, my FTP will increase naturally, and really this is all about my overall fitness and enjoyment vs. a 'serious' attempt at race training.  I'm keeping things simple by saying "do the thing."  I'll track repeats and increase PRs separately.


Comments