2021 Festive 500 - Day 5

There's a Hotel California meme in here somewhere.


  • Day 5: December 28
    • Target - 60km
    • Achieved: 60.1km
    • Method: Repeat of Day 4's strategy - laps on Tempus Fugit on a custom workout ("The Grind").  I stopped at 1:00, 1:30, and briefly at 1:50 for seat breaks and wrapped up just at the 2 hour mark.  I could have pushed onwards for more distance but had a personal commitment just after lunch and wanted time for some recovery food and in the Normatec.
    • Nutrition: 1 bottle of HEED. I had a 2nd bottle mixed and didn't use it. I did not want to over-sugar like I did on Day 4. At the end, I sipped on some bottled water.
    • Good: When I did my first Zwift metric in October, I was more or less ruined for a couple of days. With better focus on recovery and nutrition, today I got back on the bike and arguably feel better this afternoon than I did yesterday afternoon.
    • Bad: If yesterday was a grind, today was a double grind. There were fewer people online, less of a party atmosphere, and the scenery was the same. 
    • Ugly: HRM failed yet again. But I have a different plan for tomorrow.

Comments