2021 Festive 500 - Day 7

 

Back in the Flats one last time

  • Day 7: December 30
    • Target: 57.1 km
    • Achieved: 60.1 km
    • Method: Back in the flats. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Breaks at 60 minutes, 90 minutes, and a few saddle shifts as the shot clock wound down to 2:00.  
      • I'm now sitting at 450km of 500km for the Festive 500, with the Bambino Fondo tomorrow expected to yield a little over that. 
    • Nutrition: 2 bottles of Skratch Labs Strawberry Lemonade, 1 package of Skratch Labs Sour Cherry chews.  More new stuff from Amazon, both worked pretty well.
    • Good: Two things:
      • The overall vibe in the flats today was back. Lots of banter, and many folks doing the WBR500 challenge (500km in one go).  
      • My legs are tired but my cardio engine is feeling strong. I am bummed I don't have HR data from a few days ago, but keeping my HR in the 120/130s for an effort like this has previously been atypical. 
    • Bad: My legs are better today than yesterday, but I am still very beat up. My strength is waning and I'm worried about the Fondo tomorrow.
    • Ugly: My legs are super mega tired. You can see in the screenshot that my upper limit in the workout mode is 160 watts.  Today at various points I started feeling the 160 watt segments when a day or two ago the segment differences were invisible to me (other than a blip on the HRM chart - when it worked!)
We'll wrap this up tomorrow, starting around 10am US Eastern!

Comments