Regroup and Excuses

No ingame shots, so here is Sherman to make you smile.

 

So, week 2 of the Build Me Up plan landed with a thud. 

Here are the excuses:

  • Throughout Week 2, I experienced a rolling wave of Lower GI issues.  I'll spare you the details, except to say that I don't know if it was viral, a round of food poisoning, or exactly what was going on.  I was very ill, tested negative for covid, and overall would think I was recovering and then have another bout.  Some days I could barely walk; I was definitely off the bike. 
  • At the start of Week 3, we had a late season ice storm. Still iffy from Lower GI queasiness, I needed to do some yard work, and on a sunny Saturday morning, managed to fall down my front porch steps.  This was a full-on, Wile-E-Coyote style fall where I felt like I hovered in midair, looked around, had a coffee, hoisted a sign that said "bye" and then vanished. I slid down the steps and was flat on my back on the sidewalk moaning at the sky.  It could have been a lot worse, but I stayed off the bike the entirety of week 3.
  • Week 4 arrived and I'd basically flunked out of the BMU plan. Work was nuts, I was still store in places, and just opted to take the week day by day and every morning I said "not today."
So, now what?  That's indeed the question.  

I have about 10# to lose to hit my initial goals. During week 2, my weight crashed but then spiked again. I was eating tons of crackers, bread, and soup just to keep something in my guts. All of the sodium pushed my water weight up. I've since restabilized.

I missed the March zFondo, though I was iffy on completing the 3rd round anyway with BMU commitments.  

I realized Tour of Watopia was up and running, so I'm about to head up to the trainer to tackle Stage 2. 

(back)

Stage 2 of ToW is done, and I've scheduled Stages 3, 4, and 5.  I figure I'll not start another training plan right now and instead will fill in between ToW stages with some Z2 and Pace Partner rides to earn some drops and recover whatever base I've lost.  

As the guys at Twin6 would say - Forever Forward. Setbacks happen. I have roughly 3 months to knock the next 10# off and then we'll be deep into Summer. 

Comments