Week 1

 

Another day in the flats

The first two workouts are done.  The numbers I'm posting are nothing but an eyeroll but I'm riding again.  A few notes while I'm thinking about it:

  • The workouts are harder than I expected, and the surprise is that it's mostly my legs. My cadence is 20 rpm low, and the strength and stamina that I'm used to for even moderate segments just isn't there.  
  • I used to be 'afraid' of long stints of 160 watts.  Then 185 became the new 160.  Right now anything above 130 is a cringe.
  • The post-workout fatigue and stiffness in my legs is a surprise as well. 
  • Zwift crapped the bed today. Straight up crashed to desktop with 9 minute to go in my workout. I had to reboot fully to get connections back.  I kindasorta think it was a windows update sweep of the bluetooth ports/driver/whatever based on drops I've seen before, and all I can do right now is hope that if I continue to use the laptop it will be more stable with time.
  • It's not all bad. I'm having fun, it's good to be back, I don't have a ton of seat pain, and I've kicked over a few achievements.
Spiral out, keep going.

Comments